Saturday, March 31, 2018

Poster Ideas

I had many ideas of what the illustration for the poster would look like. 

Let me start here... 


Warning I am not a good drawer!

But this was the very first idea that I wanted to do. A gun that says constitutional to represent the side of the gun control debate: that guns are part of the constitution in the second amendment and the finger would say gun control demonstrating the side of people who want gun control. I was also thinking that instead of the finger to use a flower, but it felt more about the Vietnam War than the debate about gun control. Instead of the finger, I could have also done the constitution, but the image of the gun would have to be mine and I just found it difficult to do. 


This is another idea that I had for the poster. I first portion with the gun I mentioned above about the Constitution of the United States and the gun. But I won't be doing that. 

I then thought about doing a sea of bullets with the people that have died due to gun violence and either the flag of the United States or Lady Liberty. Lady Liberty is holding a book that I thought would have been great to say "our right" and the sea of bullets "our life".  Though I really liked this idea, I didn't have an original picture of the statue of Liberty. So then I thought that the Washington Monument would work well. I am still working on it because I am debating if it actually explains the sides of both debates, but I have also changed my mine and have more idea that I am trying to develop to create a concise poster that everyone who sees it understands what the documentary will be about. 








No comments:

Post a Comment