Thursday, March 15, 2018

Walkout





On Wednesday March 14, 2018, a national school walkout was put together,one month after the Majory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting occured. 

I had the opportunity not just to participate, but also to interview individuals about what they though of gun control.
I was really nervous because I thought that no one would of liked to be interviewd, but to my surprise and releif I got four interviews. 

In my first interview, it didn't really go as I expected. I did it before any speeches were made and when students were still walking out to the courtyard. It was loud and the lighting wasn't the best. I forgot to ask her to restate the questions so the audience would know what she is being asked, but I learned from this interview.

The other three interviews went relatively well. I got a group of three girls who were up to being interviewed and they restated the question and elaborated on their opinion which I highly appreciated. 

When I was interviewing one of them the mic was not recording. I was using a lavalier microphone that was connected to my phone and I forgot to turn on the voice memo. She gladly did the interview again. I could see how this could be a problem. She had more time to think of the questions and change some of your answers, but the answers were very similar, not exact wording, but very similar to what she had said before. The interview was still being recorded by my camera and I have the interview but the audio is not the best.

Towards the end, for the last interview, I had to cut it really short because my camera said that I only have 3 minutes of footage left to film, but she answered all the question and in a highly mature manner. 

So the interviews went beyond what I had expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment