Monday, March 26, 2018

Edit Day 1

To say it in a minimal amount of words, editing on day one went terribly. I have about 45 minutes+ of footage and I just don't really know how I want to organize my film. I have decided that the excerpt that I am doing is from Episode 3 talking about the opinion of students. So I spent about three hours trying to figure out how I want to organize it and that did not go well. 





Last year felt easier, not just because it was shorter but because I dictated my editing with the help of the music and the film opening had a structure. Since it was a film opening, I did a storyboard, but when it comes to documentaries you can't really do that because you don't know what situation you will be present in.  When it comes to documentaries, we are expressing part of a story, not a complete story from beginning to end so I can create it in any way I want. And I think that is what I found most difficult. 

I hope that day two of editing goes much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment