Friday, March 9, 2018

Meeting #1






Today we had a meeting to which I talked a little about my project in order to see how my progress is going and to get some opinions. So while explaining my project to some of my classmates, they have suggested creating an overview of what the documentary will be like. This will not only will help me with where I would edit the content to have an ending that shows a continuation since I am only showing a part of the documentary but also clears the confusion of how the documentary will continue after the excerpt.  I was quite scared that I wouldn't know how to end the documentary, but during this meeting, they have suggested in me doing an establishing shot of the gun range, which I thought was not a bad idea but who knows what will happen in the editing process. I also talked about my concerns about distribution and where will I distribute it in order to reach my target audience since it is such a large spectrum (which I will talk about in a later post) and they suggested in doing some research on political shows or shows that deal with politics since the topic is gun control. So I have been working on the research about the target audience, genre/documentary mode and its conventions and distribution which will be posted later this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment